From Keiki in the Kitchen with Mika the Sous Chef. Click here to purchase the cookbook!
This simple recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious! A perfect dessert to enjoy with your friends and family.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4 –6
• 1 package of Wei-Chuan Spring Roll Shells ‘wrapper’
• 1 egg, beaten
• 8 apple bananas
• 1 box brown sugar
• Oil (to fry)
• 1 box powder sugar
1. Peel lumpia wrappers apart and cover with damp paper towel. Baste wrappers with a thin layer of egg wash.
2. Cut bananas in half-length wise.
3.Placelumpiawrap point side up, other point side down, like a diamond-shape. Place banana in wrapper.
4. Add small pinch of brown sugar.
5.Fold bottom of wrapper over the banana and fold up again. Fold in the sides and brush egg on the top corner and fold over to create a roll.
6. Heat 3-4 inches of oil to medium heat in pot and deep fry until golden brown. Dust with powder sugar.