From Keiki in the Kitchen with Mika the Sous Chef. Click here to purchase the cookbook!
A savory dinner to share with your keiki and ohana.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
• 5 oz. piece of fresh island ahi
• 1 tbsp. furikake
• 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
• 1 tsp. green onions
• 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp. shoyu
• 1 tbsp. sugar
• 1 tbsp. water
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• ¼ tsp. sesame seeds
1. Crust ahi with furikake. Coat entire frying pan with sesame oil and over medium-high heat quickly sear ahi to create “furikake” crust. Place seared ahi on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 300°F for 3 minutes.
2. Whisk vinegar, shoyu, sugar, water, sesame oil, and sesame seeds together in a mixing bowl to make vinaigrette. Heat vinaigrette in saucepan on medium heat.
3. Place cooked ahi on a plate and drizzle vinaigrette and top with chopped green onions to finish.