From Keiki in the Kitchen with Mika the Sous Chef. Click here to purchase the cookbook!
Level of Difficulty: 3
Prep Time: 10 minutes and 2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Stand up mixer
6 ounces Waialua Chocolate 70%, melted
3/8 cup granulated sugar
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup of egg whites
1. In a double boiler melt the chocolate.
2. Add 1/4 (20 grams) of the sugar to the chocolate with egg yolks and mix well.
3. In a stand up mixer, whisk egg whites and remaining sugar until the meringue is stiff and forms peaks.
4. Fold meringue into the yolk and chocolate mixture.
5. Place mixture on a parchment sheet lined cookie sheet. Place in an oven set at 270°F.
6. When done, the “chips” should be crispy.
Fun Fact: Waialua chocolate is a part of Dole Foods and grown on the North Shore of O‘ahu.