From Keiki in the Kitchen with Mika the Sous Chef. Click here to purchase the cookbook!
A delicious dinner to eat with your family and friends.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
• 6 cups zucchini, sliced like a large fettuccine
• 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 4 cloves garlic chopped
• 2 cloves shallot, chopped
• 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1 jar marinara sauce (24 oz.)
• 20 leaves fresh basil
• 1 cup cheese, grated (parmesan or smoked mozzarella cheese)
1. Make zucchini pasta by using a mandolin or a peeler. Make long strips of zucchini that resemble fettuccine. Set aside.
2. In sauté pan, on medium heat, add oil, garlic and shallots and cook for 10 seconds. Add bell pepper and stir another 15 seconds.
3. Add zucchini noodles and sauté for another 10 seconds.
4. Add marinara sauce and bring to a boil.
5. Add basil and grated cheese of choice and turn off heat.
6. Plate and garnish with more grated cheese and a few more leaves of fresh basil and serve.